Shoulder problems can disrupt daily life, affecting everything from work to recreation. If you’re experiencing shoulder discomfort, seeking treatment from our experts in Bearsted, Maidstone, can be a crucial step towards recovery.
We offer a range of treatments including osteopathy, physiotherapy and sports massage, and also treat many related conditions such as upper back pain and neck pain. Booking an appointment is easy with our online booking system.
Common Shoulder Problems We See at the Clinic
1. Rotator Cuff Tears: These tears in the group of tendons and muscles that stabilise the shoulder joint – known as the rotator cuff – can cause pain, weakness, and limited range of motion.
2. Frozen Shoulder (Adhesive Capsulitis): Characterised by stiffness and reduced mobility, frozen shoulder often occurs due to inflammation and tightening of the joint capsule.
4. Shoulder Instability: Resulting from stretched or torn ligaments, instability leads to a sensation of the shoulder “giving way.”
5. Tendinitis or Bursitis: Inflammation of tendons or bursae can lead to pain, swelling, and tenderness.
Why Consult Our Physiotherapists or Osteopaths?
Our physiotherapists and osteopaths are experts in musculoskeletal health and experienced in dealing with a wide range of shoulder pains. They can perform thorough assessments to diagnose the root cause of your shoulder problem, tailoring treatment plans to your specific needs. We are conveniently based in Bearstead, Maidstone, and you can book an appointment easily with our online booking system.
Treatment and Rehabilitation
1. Manual Therapy: Physiotherapists and Osteopaths use hands-on techniques to improve joint mobility, reduce muscle tension, and promote healing.
2. Exercise Prescription: Customised exercises enhance strength, flexibility, and stability, aiding in both recovery and prevention.
3. Other Treatment Modalities: Techniques like ultrasound, shockwave therapy, heat, and ice can reduce pain and inflammation.
4. Posture Education: Learning proper posture and body mechanics can prevent further strain on the shoulder.
5. Gradual Progression: Rehabilitation programs gradually intensify to ensure a safe and effective recovery.
We Can Help
Ready to bid farewell to shoulder pain? Take the first steps towards the better you by making an appointment today with Scott Osteopathic & Health Clinic, in Bearsted, Maidstone. Our experienced physiotherapists and osteopaths are committed to guiding you on your journey to a pain-free, active life. Contact us today to book your consultation and let us help you regain your shoulder’s strength and mobility, or book an appointment quickly and easily with our online booking system.