Are you experiencing discomfort or pain in your hips? You’re not alone. Hip problems are common and can significantly impact your quality of life. We play a crucial role in diagnosing, treating, and rehabilitating hip issues, helping you regain your mobility and comfort. We are conveniently located in Bearstead, Maidstone, Kent, and offer a range of treatments including osteopathy, physiotherapy and sports massage. We also treat many related conditions such as lower back pain and knee pain.
Common Hip Problems
1. Hip Osteoarthritis: When the cartilage that protects your hip joint deteriorates, it can cause hip osteoarthritis, which causes discomfort, stiffness, and a limited range of movement. A physiotherapist or osteopath can design targeted exercises to improve joint function, provide pain management strategies, and guide you in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
2. Hip Bursitis: Hip bursitis is characterised by inflammation of the bursae, which are tiny sacs filled with fluid and used to cushion the hip joint. Physiotherapy or osteopathy can aid in reducing inflammation through manual techniques, stretching, and strengthening exercises to alleviate pain and prevent recurrence.
3. Labral Tears: A labral tear is a tear in the cartilage that lines the hip socket. These tears can cause pain and instability. Physiotherapy or osteopathy can help by addressing muscle imbalances, providing guidance on proper movement mechanics, and suggesting exercises to strengthen the hip muscles and stabilize the joint.
4. Hip Impingement (Femoroacetabular Impingement – FAI): FAI occurs when there’s abnormal contact between the hip ball and socket, leading to pain and limited motion. Physiotherapists and osteopaths can recommend exercises to improve hip joint mobility, reduce impingement, and enhance hip function.
Why Choose Our Physiotherapists or Osteopaths?
The practitioners at out Clinic in Maidstone, are trained to assess, diagnose, and treat a variety of hip conditions. We offer personalised treatment plans that may include:
- Manual Therapy: Hands-on techniques to restore joint mobility and alleviate pain.
- Exercise Prescription: Tailored exercises to strengthen muscles, improve flexibility, and enhance joint stability.
- Pain Management: Strategies to manage pain through techniques such as heat, cold, or electrical stimulation.
- Shockwave Therapy: Electrical pulses used for therapeutic benefit
- Education: Guidance on proper movement mechanics, posture, and lifestyle adjustments to prevent future issues.
Ready to Take the First Step?
If you’re dealing with hip discomfort, don’t wait. Reach out to our clinic and schedule an appointment with our skilled physiotherapists and osteopaths. Let us help you on your journey to a healthier, pain-free life.